- (Former Chief Financial Officer v. Former Employer): Testifying expert for defense counsel in wrongful termination claim by former Chief Financial Officer. Review of work product prepared by CFO, evaluated accuracy of work product, evaluated failure to follow professional accounting standards, provided consultation related to settlement. Result: Settlement.
- Gary and Susan Carlson v. American Pacific Mortgage Corporation (United States District Court for the Western District of Washington, Case No. 2:14-CV-01141-RSM): Testifying expert for defense counsel in wrongful termination case and dispute involving the calculation of bonuses earned by plaintiffs in connection with employment agreements and related amendments. Reviewed financial statements, analyzed errors causing inflated income levels, prepared schedules calculating specific bonuses earned vs. claimed and prepared expert report for federal court. Result: Settlement.
- Vernon Banta v. The City of Merrill, Oregon (Oregon District Court, Case No. 06- CV3003-CL): Testifying expert for plaintiff counsel in wrongful termination case. Prepared damage model for lost income, wages, and benefits and testified in federal court. Result: Jury verdict for plaintiff.
- (Former Employee v. Foreign Resort Operator): Testifying expert for defense counsel involving claims made by former Employee related to fraud, embezzlement, breach of
U.S. national security, and tax evasion in U.S. and foreign territories. Reviewed and analyzed complex international corporate and related party structures, income tax returns and financial statements, bank statements, other documents, and interviewed witnesses. Provided income tax research, corporate structuring advice, analyzed U.S. and international investments, identified professional malpractice claims against 3rd party accounting firm, and provided advice and information in connection with settlement discussions and mediation. Result: Settlement.
- Terry Peters and Douglas Schroeder v. Seeds, Inc. (Washington State Superior Court in and for Whitman County, Case No. 14-2-00266-0): Testifying expert for defense counsel involving claims made by former CEO and CFO related to breach of employment agreement and failure to pay wages. Reviewed financial records and financial statements and discovered evidence of misappropriation of company assets by plaintiffs. Performed forensic analysis of issues discovered and calculated amounts in excess of damages claimed by plaintiffs. Provided deposition and prepared mediation and trial exhibits. Result: Settlement.
- Nicki Cribbs v. Stacey Clark, DPM, PC et al. (Oregon District Court, Case No. 2:17CV00724-SU): Testifying expert for defense counsel in a case involving a former employee who sued a former employer alleging violations of ERISA laws, fraud and misrepresentation. Performed forensic analysis of documents, retirement plan contributions made compared to required contributions, prepared mediation and trial exhibits. Result: Settlement.
- Pieter Smeenk v. Michael Faught and The City of Ashland (Oregon District Court Case No. 1:17-CV-01466-CL): Testifying expert for defense counsel in a case involving a former employee who sued the City for wrongful termination and whistleblower retaliation. Analyzed Plaintiff damages calculations, prepared independent damages calculations, expert report, trial exhibits, and testified in trial. Result: Jury verdict for Plaintiff and damages amount equal to defense expert calculations.
- Mental Health Care Provider v. Former Shareholder and Chief Executive Officer (Private Arbitration Matter): Testifying expert for plaintiff counsel involving counter claims made by former shareholder and CEO related to wrongful termination and business valuation. Analyzed financial statements, projections and budgets, and other financial information, prepared an independent business valuation and trial exhibits supporting my testimony that opposing expert report and testimony should be entirely disregarded in favor of my analysis. Result: Arbitration ruling in favor of plaintiff and opposing expert opinion was excluded as by panel.
- Northwest Tower Crane Services, Inc. v. Donna L. Angevine (Superior Court of Washington for King County Case No. 19-2-17353-0- KNT): Testifying expert for plaintiff counsel in a case involving a former financial officer accused of misappropriation. Analyzed expert reports with respect to the actions of Defendant, analyzed the standard of care and fiduciary duties of a financial officer, and testified in connection with her alleged actions that violated her fiduciary duty and the standard of care expected of a financial officer. Result: Settlement.